Important Information for California Residents
If you are a California resident, this section describes how The Madera Group (and its affiliates, “We/Us”) collect and use your Personal Information (as defined below) in operating our business and our services, including when you interact with us in restaurants (including using any tablets in our restaurants), on our site, at events or when visiting our office, and your rights with respect to that Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA.
Your California privacy rights.
You have the rights listed below, but they are not absolute, and in certain cases We may deny your request as permitted or required by law. If We deny your request, We will inform you as soon as is practicable.
- Information. You can request the following information about how We have collected and used your Personal Information during the past twelve (12) months:
- The categories of Personal Information we We have collected.
- The categories of sources from which We collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom We share Personal Information.
- Whether We have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose or sold it, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that We have collected about you during the past twelve (12) months.
- Deletion. You can ask Us to delete the Personal Information that we collected or maintain about you. If you request that We delete your Personal Information, We will need to delete your account entirely and We will be unable to provide any online or digital services to you or support for past products or services that you have purchased.
- Opt-out of sales. If we sell your Personal Information, you can opt-out.
- Opt-in. If We know that you are younger than sixteen (16) years old, We will ask for your permission (or if you are younger than thirteen (13) years old, your parent’s or guardian’s permission) to sell your Personal Information before We do so.
- Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination. This means that We will not penalize you for exercising your rights by taking actions such as denying you services; increasing the price/rate of services; decreasing service quality; or suggesting that We may penalize you as described above for exercising your rights.
How to exercise your rights. You may exercise your California privacy rights described above as follows:
- Right to information, access and deletion. You can request to exercise your rights to information, access and deletion by:
- Right to opt-out of the “sale” of your Personal Information. Like many companies We use services provided by Google, Facebook and others. California law may classify our use of these services as a “sale” of your Personal Information to the companies that provide the services because We may permit them to collect information from our users (e.g., device data and online activity data).
- Right to information about third party disclosures for direct marketing purposes. If you are a user of the Services and a California resident, California’s “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code § 1798.83) permits you to request and obtain from Us once a year, free of charge, information regarding our disclosure of your personal information (if any) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding year.
We reserve the right to confirm your California residency to process your requests. In accordance with the CCPA, We will need to confirm your identity to process your requests to exercise your information, access or deletion rights. We cannot process your request if you do not provide Us with sufficient detail to allow Us to understand and respond to it.
- Categories we collect: Contact data, Profile data, Communications and Information About Others
- Commercial Information
- Categories we collect: Contact data, Profile data, Order and transactional data, Communications, Marketing data, Online Activity Data
- Financial Information
- Categories we collect: Contact data, Profile data, Communications, Order and transactional data
- Internet or Network Information
- Categories we collect: Order and transactional data, Communications, Marketing data, Device data, Online activity data, Precise geolocation data
- Online Identifiers
- Categories we collect: Contact data, Profile data, Order and transactional data, Communications, Device data, Online activity data
- Geolocation Data
- Categories we collect: Precise geolocation data, Device data, Order and transactional data
- Categories we collect: Information that may be derived from your Order and transactional data, Communications, Marketing data, Device data, Online activity data, Precise geolocation data
- Protected Classification Characteristics
- Categories we collect: We do not intentionally collect this information but it may be revealed in Contact data, Profile data, Order and transactional data, Communications, Marketing data, Online activity data or other information we collect.
- Sensory Information
- Categories we collect: Other Information which may be captured by security camera footage recorded at our restaurants, offices or facilities.